Looking for a way to kick those chocolate cravings to the curb? Do your gut a favour at the same time and whip up some Chocolate Tummy Gummies! So addictive that you’ll have to refrain from eating more than 2-3 a day 😉
Whilst the gelatin in these gummies already has AMAZING health benefits such as improving your digestion, skin health and tissue repair (read more about that here), I have also added in Nutra Organics Berry Choc Chunk powder to further increase their nutritional value! The Berry Choc Chunk powder includes nutrients such as magnesium, calcium and vitamins B2, B5 and B12 from whole food sources helping to support our nervous systems, energy levels and digestive health.
However, this recipe is just as delicious when made with raw cacao powder so feel free to swap the Berry Choc Chunk powder for cacao you may just need to tweak the sweetness to meet your taste buds needs!
CHOCOLATE TUMMY GUMMIES
SERVES: 18 TIME: 10 MINUTES DIETARY: GF, DF
- 3 1/2 tbsp. Gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. Nutra Organics Berry Choc Chunk or Raw Cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp. Rice malt syrup or maple syrup (use less if using Berry Choc Chunk powder as it is naturally sweet already)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Bloom the gelatin by adding the water to the gelatin in a bowl and stirring until combined. Leave to let it gel for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, Berry Choc Chunk powder, sweetener of choice and vanilla essence to a small saucepan. Heat on a stove until just simmering and then remove from the heat. Avoid letting the mixture come to the boil.
- Break gelatin into little pieces and gently stir into saucepan until it dissolves.
- Pour mixture into moulds or a 10 x 15cm square glass dish (or similar sized one). Let them cool slightly then place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set or in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set.
- Gelatin gummies don’t like getting too warm as they can melt! So make sure you keep them in the fridge and just pull one out when your going to eat it 🙂
- As gelatin is rich in amino acids, it is recommended to limit your consumption of gummies to 2-3 a day unless advised by your health practitioner.
Chocolate not your thing? Try my Strawberry & Cream Gelatin Gummies!