Want to enjoy pancakes without the guilt? And what about without the discomfort you can experience from normal pancakes? These light and fluffy coconut pancakes are not only gluten free, they are also dairy free and low in sugar meaning your digestive system won’t hate you for indulging in a little sweet treat. These pancakes can be used as a base meaning you can make them sweeter, more savoury, higher in protein or more fruity depending on what tickles your fancy. Life is about enjoying the foods we love to eat so having healthy alternatives to the classic foods helps you do just that without the guilt!
GLUTEN FREE COCONUT PANCAKES
SERVES: 1 TIME: 10 MINUTES DIETARY: GF, DF
- 1 large organic egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup Milk of choice (I use Nutty Bruce almond/ coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp. Coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. Almond meal
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tbsp. Coconut oil
- ½ tsp. Vanilla bean paste (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until combined. Coconut flour can be quiet absorbent so add some more milk if your mixture is a little dry!
- Place half of the coconut oil in the pan on a medium heat and cook up your pancakes (adding more coconut oil to the pan each time to stop them sticking). Flipping after 1-2 minutes or when there is bubbles coming through the top
- Top with seasonal fruits and anything extra you would like- my fav’s are coconut flakes, activated Buckini’s, raw honey, nut butter and cinnamon!
Variations- if your wanting to add more protein to your diet add a scoop (30g) of your favourite protein powder and 1 tablespoon milk to the original mixture! Other variations can include adding banana/ berries into your mixture for a little added sweetness, or adding 1 tsp. cacao powder to the mixture to make chocolate pancakes (yum!!).