Trying to avoid sugar in your day but still craving something sweet? These Lemon & Coconut Bliss Balls taste as good as a lemon slice but with out any of the nasties! Make them as zesty as you like by simply adding more lemon to the mixture. Great as a snack throughout the day or a sweet treat after dinner.
LEMON & COCONUT BLISS BALLS
SERVES: 10 TIME: 10 MINUTES DIETARY: GF, DF, V
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- 3 fresh medjool dates or 2 tbsp. good quality maple syrup
- Juice of half-1 whole lemon (depending on how zesty you like them)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla bean extract powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients into your food processor and blend until the mixture resembles sticky crumbs (be careful not too over blend the mixture to avoid it becoming more like a butter than a mixture you can roll)
- Use your hands to roll the mixture into 10 balls (can then roll in extra desiccated coconut if desired)
- Place them in the fridge to set. Enjoy!
*Can also store them in the freezer in order to keep them fresh for longer