Welcome to The Balance of Being, where my goal is to help you find the balance between living a wholesome life and enjoying the magic of it!
Too often I see friends, family and clients suffering from symptoms such as bloating, constipation, stress, fatigue, poor concentration, acne, trouble loosing weight despite trying everything, hormonal imbalances and frequent colds (just to name a few). And despite them trying quick fixes, or “band aiding” the problem as I like to call it, their symptoms always seem to come back. That’s where I step in… My Nutritional Medicine (BHSc) degree as well as my own personal health challenges, has enabled me to appreciate the need to look beyond the presenting symptoms and delve deeper into why these symptoms are occurring.
Through developing an understanding of what is happening on a physical, emotional and biochemical level, I aim to provide my clients with life-long sustainable changes that will not only improve their health but also their quality of life. As a Nutritionist I believe an essential part of implementing change is education, therefore I am passionate about empowering my clients with the knowledge and understanding they need to make the best choices for their own health.
So, as a Degree Qualified Nutritionist what am I equipped to support you with?
- Digestive disorders- Eg. Coeliac’s disease, IBS, IBD, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, parasites
- Nutritional deficiencies- Eg. Iron deficiency anaemia
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Weight management and meal plans
- Cardiovascular health- High cholesterol/ triglycerides, hypertension
- Diabetes and insulin resistance
- Common cold/ weakened immune system
- Chronic fatigue/ glandular fever
- Women’s health, adequate nutritional intake during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Hormonal imbalances and reproductive conditions- Eg. PCOS, endometriosis
- Men’s health
- Autoimmune conditions- Eg. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Nervous system imbalances- Eg. Stress, poor sleep, anxiety, depression
- Pyrrole’s disorder
- MTHFR and methylation disorders
- Joint and muscular health- Eg. Arthritis, inflammation, sporting injuries
- Skin and hair health- Eg. Acne, psoriasis, keratosis pilaris, eczema
- Nutritional support for vegan and vegetarian diets
- General wellbeing and improving your vitality/ energy levels
Lastly and certainly not least, I want you to know that your health is a worthwhile investment! At the end of the day your body is the only one you have to live in, so why shouldn’t your health be a priority! Together with you I hope to motivate, excite and empower you to want to live a wholesome life so you can spend more time enjoying all the magic there is to offer and less time in poor health.
So, if any of these things sound like you or you have any questions I would love to hear from you here!