Gut-loving gummies that taste as good as the real deal? You’ve come to the right place! My clients love adding these into their diet as an extra source of protein, to boost their gut health, speed up tissue repair after injury and even improve their skin health! Want to find out more about what Gelatin is and why it is so good for your gut? Read more here…
Or if your just here for the recipe… read below ; )
STRAWBERRY & CREAM GELATIN GUMMIES
SERVES: 15 TIME: 20 MINUTES DIETARY: GF, DF
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 3 1/2 tbsp. gelatin
- 1 tsp. rose water (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp. rice malt syrup or 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Juice of half a lemon
Coconut cream layer:
- 2 tbsp. gelatin
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tbsp. rice malt syrup or 1 tbsp. maple syrup (optional)
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1/3 cup cold water plus the rose water (if using) by stirring gently. Allow the mixture to sit for 3 minutes to bloom and form a gel like or ‘rubbery’ substance.
- While the gelatin is doing it’s thing add the cup of strawberries and lemon juice to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Then transfer the mixture to a saucepan on a low heat and add in your sweetener of choice. Break gelatin into small pieces and stir into strawberry mixture until dissolved.
- Take saucepan off the stove and pour mixture into moulds HALF WAY (so you have room for the coconut on top) or a 10 x 15cm square glass dish (or similar sized one). Let them cool slightly then place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set while your making the coconut cream layer.
Coconut cream layer:
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Allow the mixture to sit for 3 minutes to bloom and expand.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat the coconut milk and sweetener of choice (if using) on a low temperature. Again, breaking the gelatin into small pieces, add them to the saucepan and stir until dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and pour coconut cream on top of strawberry layer. Place back in fridge for 2-3 hours or in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
Once set, you can remove from moulds or if you used a container cut into small squares then store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Gelatin gummies don’t like getting too warm as they can melt! So make sure you keep them in the fridge and just pull one out when your going to eat it 🙂
- As gelatin is rich in amino acids, it is recommended to limit your consumption of gummies to 2-3 a day unless advised by your health practitioner.